Aaron and I reached out to you from home during the global COVID-19 pandemic in this episode of the Dietitians Unplugged podcast. This is clearly a time of stress and fear for everyone, and it can really bring up a lot of distress around body image, food insecurity and scarcity, and eating in general.
In this episode we discussed:
- Our personal experiences of navigating scarcity at the grocery stores and the emotional roller coaster we’ve both been on
- The hard work and ingenuity our clients and so many others are putting into their healing while stuck at home
- The uptick in body image issues and how many of us use worries about food and body as a way to control anxiety and distract from bigger worries
- Dealing with anxiety and difficult feelings during this time
- How we can use this time to feel better about our bodies
- How some people actually find themselves thriving in the slowed pace
- How diet culture doesn’t go away even in extreme times of uncertainty and worry
Virtual meal support on Instagram: @covid19eatingsupport
Article: Why You Should Ignore All That Coronavirus-Inspired Productivity Pressure – great advice for dealing with traumatic times
Headspace is offering free support during the global pandemic
Want to feel freedom with food?
Tired of feeling ruled by food? I can help you get free. Learn more here.
Subscribe and get my free guide, Why you overeat …and what to do about it.
Click here if you just want my newsletter!