I’m Glenys Oyston, Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Therapist and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
My mission is to help you feel good about eating.
- Experience binge eating, chronic overeating, or feeling “addicted” to food
- Want to make changes in how or what you eat, but can’t stand the thought of going on a diet or giving up foods you love
- Struggle with knowing how much or what to eat because you don’t trust your body to tell you these things
- Live with chaotic eating and an unstable weight
- Are at a higher weight and have been harmed by the effects of weight stigma
- Have been told to go on a diet for health reasons, but you’ve already tried that many times and only gained more weight each time
- Have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, diabetes, PCOS or any other metabolic condition and want to manage your condition without restricting food
…then I can help.
Diets have failed you, again and again
The standard advice of “go on a diet and lose weight” hasn’t worked for most people. While many people can diet and lose at least some weight, all of the evidence tells us that most will regain it in the long run, and some people will regain even more than they lost.
Dieting and the pursuit of weight loss teaches unsustainable eating habits that lead to chaotic eating and potentially worse health over time, and the associated cycle of weight loss and regain often leads to higher weights.
If this feels familiar to you, then you are in the right place. You don’t need another diet!
What’s the answer?
Using Intuitive Eating and other non-diet eating methods and working in the weight inclusive philosophy of Health at Every Size®, I first help you to heal your relationship with food and your body.
Any effort to improve health through nutrition must rest on the foundation of a peaceful eating relationship. If you aren’t there with eating yet, that’s where we start. I can help you develop the eating skills you need to feed yourself well for the long run, whatever your health goals might be.
But what if I just don’t like my body?
Body dissatisfaction drives disordered eating. Why would you want to take care of a body you didn’t respect or accept? Body image healing is crucial to the work of healing disordered eating and I will help you navigate both these paths simultaneously to help enhance your well-being.
My goal is to help you embrace a life you love.
This work is hard and takes time…but it is gratifying and worth it.
You deserve to be free of diets and body hate so you can do everything you want to do with your life.
I specialize in the care of
- Binge Eating Disorder, emotional eating and chronic over-eating
- Feelings of food addiction
- The effects of chronic restriction (dieting) and weight cycling (frequent loss and regain)
- Diabetes, pre-diabetes, PCOS and other metabolic conditions