I’m Glenys Oyston, Registered Dietitian and nutrition therapist.
I help people eat joyfully and in a way that supports health without detracting from life.
If you are:
- Looking to make changes in how or what you eat, but can’t stand the thought of going on a diet or giving up foods you love
- Struggling with knowing how much or what to eat because you don’t trust your body to tell you these things
- Experiencing binge eating or feeling “addicted” to food
- Living with chaotic eating and an unstable weight
- At a higher weight and have been harmed by the effects of weight stigma
- Diagnosed with pre-diabetes, diabetes or any other metabolic condition and want to manage your condition without feeling restricted
…then I can help.
The standard advice of “go on a diet and lose weight” hasn’t worked for most people. While many people can diet and lose at least some weight, all of the evidence tells us that most will regain it in the long run.
Dieting and the pursuit of weight loss teaches unsustainable eating habits that lead to chaotic eating and potentially worse health over time, and the associated cycle of weight loss and regain often leads to higher weights.
What’s the answer?
Using the non-diet eating models of Intuitive Eating and Eating Competence and working in the weight inclusive philosophy of Health at Every Size, I first help you to heal your relationship with food and your body.
Any effort to improve health through nutrition must rest on a foundation of a peaceful eating relationship and an understanding of body acceptance. If you aren’t there yet, that’s where we start. I help you develop the eating skills you need to feed yourself well for the long run, whatever your health goals might be.
But what if I just don’t like my body?
Body dissatisfaction drives disordered eating. Why would you want to take care of a body you didn’t respect or accept? Body image healing is crucial to the work of healing disordered eating and I will help you navigate both these paths simultaneously to eventually help bring you to a place of peace.
This work is hard and takes time…but so worth it.
You deserve to be free of body hate and food deprivation so you can do everything you want to do with your life.
I specialize in the non-diet care of
- Binge Eating Disorder and emotional eating
- Diabetes and other metabolic conditions
- The effects of chronic restriction (dieting) and weight cycling (frequent loss and regain)
- Feelings of food addiction
- Food fear
- Childhood feeding problems
If you’d like to schedule with me or if you have any other questions, fill out this form and I’ll contact you shortly.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work one-on-one with me? Click here to find out.